Summary of Position:
To maintain the overall quality of all items produced and oversee Health & Safety within the factory.
Main Role & Responsibilities
- Inspect mouldings to check that size / dimensions are right by checking to works order, drawings or a sample.
- If suitable, take to production so the production process can commence, whether cast or injection
- If issues, send samples to customer to check these are adequate.
- Final inspection to check components are machined to size and trim off any material needed
- Counted to check quantities are acceptable or weighed
- Add on any details to works order such as material batches, sizes, weights, colours etc.
- Advise office when products are ready for dispatch
- Book carriers and provide size / weight if pallets for Sales Admin to check with appropriate carrier.
- Book materials & consumables in
- Issuing batch numbers and record on supplier’s delivery note and batch records.
- Copy of delivery note into Production Administrator to enter on SAP
- Assist Operations Manager on ISO certification
- Assist with quality audits as point of contact
- COSHH regulations – maintain data sheets and risk assessments
- Oversee H&S practices in the factory, liaising with the H&S Consultant as needed.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
Essential Skills :
- Health & Safety qualifications
- Proven track record within a manufacturing environment.
- Positive, can do attitude with attention to detail. Team worker with ability to show initiative
- Excellent knowledge of products and materials
Department/Location : Factory
Direct Report : Operations Manager
Staff Responsibilities : None
Hours of Work : Monday – Thursday 8.15am – 4.45pm, Friday 8.15am – 3.45pm.
Salary : Negotiable
Please send your application to email@example.com